News:

this is a news item (test)

Main Menu

'Green Shirts'- protestors (early 20th century)

Started by joyandhappiness, July 13, 2010, 02:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joyandhappiness

I was told about 'Green Shirts' and wondered if any one had any information about them.  I have tried to Google them but no luck as yet.  Who they are you are wondering or not, but anyway what I am about to say is just someone else's words, a being who does not agree with what we are doing and a good friend of mine.

Green Shirts were members of the public, much like us but who all wore green shirt, not so like us, anyway they took the government to court in the early part of the 20th century  (maybe even later) regarding our equal share of dividends.   My friend was very delighted to inform me they lost

I had a big smile on my face when he told me because i now new it has been done before and could learn where they failed. While our freemen have achieved many great things I think this may help us. If anything it sounds interesting.

Unconditional love always to you all!

;D

M O'D

Well, thank you for that - a little searching took me to this from andrew marr, a bbc guy who posted this on the green shirts
QuoteOne forgotten story: The Green Shirts
"With each film I want to ensure that there's material there that people will be surprised by, and don't know so well. And some of it I think will surprise people a lot. You have to be prepared to cut out quite important and well-known issues to get in some of the unexpected stuff.

So to give you an example, the film on the 1930s doesn't mention George Orwell, doesn't deal with the Spanish Civil War, and therefore with the fear of bombing. All of those things are absolutely central for a lot of people. But it does deal with the most disciplined and most impressive marching movement on the streets of Britain, the Green Shirts.

There was a big split in the Scouts in the 20s. There was a less militaristic group that broke off, called the Kindred of the Kibbo Kift. They spent a lot of time wearing silly costumes and doing rural things, as people did in the 1920s. And then came the philosophy of Social Credit, or Douglasism, which seemed to many, like TS Eliot and quite a lot of mainstream people, to be the middle way between communism and capitalism.

It was a theory that I think most economists now would say was nuts. But it caught people's imagination. It was basically a crusade against banks, and for dividing up national wealth. [The founder of the Kindred of the Kibbo Kift, John Hargrave, became fascinated by Social Credit and so his movement morphed into a new organisation, the Green Shirt Movement for Social Credit].

The Green Shirts were the paramilitary wing of Social Credit. They had marching bands, and huge military camps and a very distinctive symbol that was seen all over the place, their own newspaper, their own propaganda films, they were big. And now they are completely forgotten."
Source: http://www.bbchistorymagazine.com/feature/"despite-rain-pouring-down-me-i-feel-lucky-and-proud-be-british"

peace  ;)
All Rights Reserved - Without Prejudice
Without Recourse - Non-Assumpsit
Errors & Omissions Excepted

Agven