Main Menu

"Can we heal our differences?"

Started by M O'D, December 27, 2013, 09:03:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M O'D

By Jon Rappoport
December 23, 2013
www.nomorefakenews.com

Is it possible? Is it possible to do without invoking and pushing a particular belief?

It appears that we are here to supply an answer to that question---all the while trying to fend off men who are determined to capitalize on our disagreements, exacerbate them, and use them to their advantage.

Even love, which is said to be the ultimate answer, is, in the hands of some, a business, a promotional tool, a political angle, an astounding perversion of the real thing.

I've met a few people who sold that article, and behind the scenes they were anything but compassionate.

As a child, I was suspicious of the love merchants. Their words were right, but the tune always sounded off: manufactured, tinny, layered on top of something else that was hidden.

I can offer this testimony. The love coming from one person can change a life, can open a door into a place never before seen. It is shattering. It exists beyond any suspicion of it. It has no doctrine, no prophet, no need to win, no cause.

It doesn't count followers or converts. It lives, minute to minute. It creates trust, even in one riddled with doubts. And in extreme circumstances, it would lay down its own life.

And if it did, it would feel no need to create an institution in its name.

It's impossible to account for it.

The world has such people in it.

I hope you have one.

They have seen through so much insanity and climbed so many mountains, and they do more than endure. They emerge, time after time, with their hearts whole.

These are heroes without banners or celebrations. They don't require public conflicts to make themselves known or to prove their loyalty.

They delight in their own experience of others, and they offer help from their souls without pause.

Every society has used these people as models upon which to build myths and stories...but the actual people are here, and remain unknown.

They are paradise without structure. And it remains for everyone else to grasp more and more of their truth, without bending it or using it.

This is the struggle that began with the first glint of light on this planet, and it continues.

Let us celebrate the unsung, who need no celebration, in this season. The millions and millions of them.

Though it may not seem so, I have no quarrel with people of faith, faith in a particular God or prophet or messiah. I may say their faith is rendered and driven through a symbol, rather than a reality, and they in turn may think I'm wrong or crazy, but that's of minor importance. I have no quarrel with their basic faith. We both believe in life everlasting, but with different shapes and meanings.

We both have an urge toward "greater and better." And we both have experienced human beings who come to us with such genuine love, what we once were is transformed.

That is what I'm talking about here. And when you add to that golden group of transformers the mothers of babies, the number of extraordinary people in this world becomes even more than the millions I referred to.

Which makes one wonder: what is clogging up the human bloodstream? What is preventing the outbreak of peace? What is prolonging the suffering?

I have written and spoken much on that subject, and will continue to do so. But for now, I'll leave it at this: born out of the infinite well of imagination, solutions to our problems abound everywhere, and have already been launched. In the coming year, I hope to present some of them with compelling descriptions. Why can't 2014 be the year of solutions?

Thank you, Laura, always and forever. Thank you, Michel. Thank you, Greg. Thank you, Lawrence, Cori, and Eve.  Thanks to all my readers.

Have a happy holiday season, everyone.
All Rights Reserved - Without Prejudice
Without Recourse - Non-Assumpsit
Errors & Omissions Excepted