News:

this is a news item (test)

Main Menu

Private Parking Tickets

Started by jack, November 19, 2009, 12:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jack

I've got a ticket for EIGHTY quid from a private firm for parking on an unmarked road off Stoney Street.

Here is my response that I am sending today by recorded delivery (within three days of the ticket)

Quote18th November 2009

Re: PARKING CHARGE NOTICE SERIAL NUMBER XXXXXX – Issued on the 17th November 2009 at 20:15 by patrol officer XXXX on Plumtre Place, Nottingham

Central Payment Office
Vehicle Control Services LTD
PO Box 686
Sheffield
S11 8XR

Dear kind Sir / Madam

I was mortified to find a "Parking Charge Notice" attached to the windscreen of the automobile I was using as a means of transportation on the night of the 17th of November 2009.

I acknowledge the notice but do not wish to accept your (unsolicited) offer. I am hereby refusing the contract for cause without dishonour, without prejudice and without recourse.

If you would like to further discuss this matter, please respond to this letter in writing within SEVEN (7) days from the date of original service as dated by way of Royal Mail's recorded delivery service. Further Notices issued or demands for payment thereafter by you or any third parties will be seen as a breach of Section 1 of The Protection from Harassment Act 1997 if you fall into dishonour by failing to respond within the seven days.

Yours Sincerely and without ill will, vexation or frivolity

(AUTOGRAPH)

(all rights reserved)

They are so kind; they have given me the option to pay online at www.wheel-clamping.co.uk  haha, you couldn't make this up!

jack

Their response

MR XXXX XXXXXXX

We acknowledge receipt of your challenge to the above Parking Charge Notice. Despite careful consideration of the circumstances, we have not found sufficient grounds to cancel the charge.

Whilst we understand your concern at receiving a Notice, it is entirely the motorist's responsibility to satisfy themselves before leaving the vehicle that they are not contravening any regulations.

Vehicle Control Services Limited are employed to manage the area on which the vehicle was parked, this being private property. On the day in question, the said vehicle was issued a Parking Charge Notice due to your failure to display a valid permit.

We operate under the Law of Contract and, as such, the driver of a vehicle enters into a contract with Vehicle Control Services Limited by agreeing to the terms and conditions which are clearly visible on the signs within the area. By parking the vehicle within the area, the terms and conditions of the car park must be adhered to. On the day in question, the necessary permit was not displayed, therefore the Notice was issued correctly.

Whilst you may not have intentionally breached the regulations, the fact remains that you were in contravention of them. We regret to disappoint you but unfortunately the circumstances you described give us no grounds to waive the Notice.

The payment required is £80.00 to be received within our office by 1st December 2009. If payment is not received by the above date the amount payable will increase to £120.00. Failure to comply could result in the issue of court proceedings whereby further costs will be incurred.

So... Not only are they breaching the Universal Commercial Code, they are continuing to attempt extortion. To this letter I responded with the following:

May I first thank you for replying to my letter.

I too, operate under contract law. Despite having previously refused any contracts for cause in a timely manner in accordance with the Universal Commercial Code, it appears you continue to be making demands upon me. I do not understand these demands and therefore cannot lawfully fulfil them. I seek clarification of your document so that I may act according to the law and maintain my entire body of God given Natural Rights.

I conditionally accept the offer that I owe £80, upon proof of claim of all of the following:

1.Upon proof of claim that my refusal for cause is invalid.
2.Upon proof of claim that the charge was the result of a lawful investigation unmarred by prejudice.
3.Upon proof of claim that I am Mr XXXX XXXXXXX (as you refer to me)
4.Upon proof of claim that I am a member of the society whose statutes and subsisting regulations you are enforcing.
5.Upon proof of claim that there is a nameable society that I belong to and that the laws covered within this alleged transgression state that they apply to me within that named society

Answers to all these questions must be under oath or attestation, upon full commercial liability and penalty of perjury and received via registered mail to:

XXXXX
XXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXX

no later than SEVEN (7) days from the date of original service as dated by way of Royal Mail recorded delivery service. As before,  any further notices issued or demands for payment thereafter by you or any third parties will be seen as a breach of Section 1 of The Protection from Harassment Act 1997 if you fall into dishonour by failing to respond within the seven days.

Failure to accept this offer to clarify and to do so completely and in good faith within 7 days will be deemed by all parties to mean you and your principal or other parties abandon all demands upon me.

Sincerely and without ill will, vexation or frivolity

(AUTOGRAPH)

(all rights reserved)