News:

this is a news item (test)

Main Menu

The cheeck of Barclaycard!

Started by Miss Fruity, November 08, 2009, 09:25:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miss Fruity

I've recently stoped paying the Barclaycard and have requested a bill from them as apposed to a statement.  But the cheecky people wrote to me and stated that since I have an account with Barclays Bank that it's their legal right to take payment from my account, which they did!  I have responded to them with the following;

30th October 2009

Zara Woods
Barclaycard
P.O. Box 5402
Northampton
NN4 1ZR

Account Number: 

Dear Zara Woods,

Thank you for your letter informing me that you have taken money from my personal account. 

You have claimed in your letter that it's your legal right to do so however I would like proof of this claim.  Please tell me where in law is says you can take money from my personal bank account without my consent.  I have never given you permission to take money from my account nor do I give you permission to do so.
Failure to prove this claim means you have stolen money from my personal bank account.

Please respond to this request within seven days.

Sincerely and without ill will, vexation or frivolity.

Without Prejudice, All Rights Reserved.

I have't received a reply to this request .  Any suggestions for a follow letter?  Please help!

jack

Trouble is, you say you do not consent but you probably have consented. You agreed to their terms and conditions when you opened the account with them. It will more than likely be in there somewhere.

Good on you for writing a letter though. Next time give them a time limit of 7 - 10 days to respond.

Miss Fruity

I've read there trems and conditions and there's nothing in there giving them that right.  They also set up a direct debit without my consent!!!  I've followed up with notice of dishonour and opportunity to cure and they also haven't repled to that.  So I think the next step is a notice for commercial injury.  See what happens.